• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin D weakness

outdamnspot

Does anyone here struggle to tolerate Vit D, despite being deficient?

My levels have been consistently low. Since it's winter here, I decided to try supplementing with high doses (10k iu a day). I notice acute (subjective) sensations of reduced inflammation, and also find it improves my cognition quite a lot; I'm more alert when I take it.

However, I'm currently in the midst of a severe crash -- profoundly fatigued and weak. It's the same level of impairment I experienced when trying LDN and also on Armor Thyroid, both of which crashed me terribly.

The only other thing I experiment with consistently are herbs for my gut, as well as probiotics. I'm currently taking Symbioflor-2, which used to help a lot, but is doing nothing this time around.