Vitamin d toxicity seems only to occur if taken for a sustained period of time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D#Toxicity). It would stand to reason that if you plused higher doses that averaged out to be within limits, you would be find. Does anyone take high does once or twice a week oppose to daily? I ask as it works out cheaper to buy a high concerted supplement and take less often (i.e. Thorne 25,000 UI). Not to mention less hassle and less stress on the stomach (my stomach freaks out at every supplement).