• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin D and sleep - Worth a shot

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I think they told me is standard to have an appointment with a neurologist before and after the study. I do not have much hopes for the possiblity of him/her knowing jack shit about sleep architecture, but the test results should be enough for me. Anyway this sleep study will be done in some months, and when I asked for it it was like 4 months ago. Darn overcrowded and dysfunctional medical system.

By the way I will be taking 10.000 ius of D3 sublingually per day and we will see what happens.

maddietod

If possible, get a sleep doctor who is a neurologists and understands sleep architecture. You will be more likely to learn something usefull.

Yes. I wasted my time on a regular sleep study. I didn't have apnea, but they tried very hard to sell me a CPAP machine. Their logic was that my insurance would fully cover it, and maybe it would help! So the whole thing was a sales front.

Life would be so much better for me if I could just sleep properly! Sometimes I just think about the last time I got some deep sleep (which was many years ago) and I can still remember the feeling of being in a deep sleep and waking up refreshed.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I am taking 10.000 ius of sublingual D3 per day. No miracles, but I feel like taking calcium glycinate just before sleep makes me wake up less times.