Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vitamin C liposomal or not

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by prioris, Nov 28, 2017.

1. prioris

prioris Senior Member

I didn't get into preventive aspects but you made a good point.

Good point about studies. They exclude the people who really need it so they don't include people like us so study is warped. i would expect improvement parameters would be a lot higher in more chronically unhealthy people.

p.s.

just now got back my 24 hour iodine loading test. i excreted 41.4 mg of the 50 mg of iodine so report says I am 83% sufficient so slightly below the 90%. I had 1.66 mg of bromine reading so well below 5 mg.

pamojja likes this.
  2. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    How much iodine have you been taking the month before the loading test?

3. prioris

prioris Senior Member

very little and only for short time.

i took about 5-8 mg of nascent iodine for 7 to 10 days. i was experimenting. i stopped taking any 3 days before the test. i didn't want to fool around with iodine supplementation without something to go on. i think anyone taking high doses should do it under iodine literate physician or at least monitor themselves with online tests. i didn't have any side effect problems but for some people it can be tricky. It's important to take seleniomethionine to avoid pot5ential damage to thyroid. Vitamin C and B2/B3 are suppose to take care of the possible uptake problems.

i'm currently thinking that about 1.3 mg of nascent twice a week could be good. i sense nascent is far better than lugols. i think there are more side effects with lugol for people in general. i think most iodine literate physicians are using nascent or i see that as the trend.

pamojja likes this.
  4. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

@pamojja
    Regarding vitamin C:
    1) high doses stimulate bowels, probably because it is a blood thinner, so I suppose it increases water turnover. This and a LCHF diet might prevent possible downsides from supplementing with bile acid antagonists (Lysine, B5, Beta-Alanine)
    2) vit C indirectly inhibits zinc absorption by promoting absorption of iron in detriment of zinc.

Additionally, anything that increases HDL will do it by antagonizing zinc - coconut oil, carnosine/carcinine, w3, vit E, again vit C. Since zinc is a building block of sex hormones, it becomes a pro-coagulant, while anti-oxidants have blood thinning effect. My lab results match this info.

pamojja likes this.
  5. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    Interesting. Though in me only betain-hcl brought iron a bid up. TSAT, TBIC and transferrin still deficient.

6. Gondwanaland

I recently read about factors promoting iron absorption but now I forget. If I find it again I will post here. Copper is crucial for iron metabolism. Sulfur, Zinc and vit C are potent copper inhibitors.

pamojja likes this.
  7. Gondwanaland

Sorry, I haven't read the whole discussion.

High dose vitamin C flushes out metals - both good and bad ones - and is very adstringent = flushes out fat-soluble vitamins. No wonder a very high fat diet works for you @pamojja

I think @prioris approach is more gentle and lipo vit C causes much less turmoil in the body. If one is following the megadose approach, he should be aware of the side effects and make the appropriate many corrections.

Having said that, I tolerate neither one (not even in tiny doses), nor high amounts of sat fats, as I currently find myself depleted of w6 oils. W3 caps and dietary w3 both cause me adverse effects.

pamojja and prioris like this.
  8. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    I always maintain that one should go slow, always start with lowest possible doses, add one at at time and increase gradually over months and years. And in that way have the time to make necessary corrections. That's what I did. Once I summarized all my side-effects:

:)

In my long experience most toxic heavy metals have indeed reduced (except copper), most needed ones have improved (except Mg due to high turnover by vitamin D3). I've been deficient in all vitamins and minerals before starting to supplement, not anymore so. And I've been a very low-fat vegan for 30 years before getting really ill. acu-cell.com's observations - you so often state as your source - disappointingly hasn't shown relevant in my experience at all.

No wonder I improved that much. Admittedly, some of my lab-tests are still off, but far from how bad they've been. However, just 2 weeks ago I got rid of the elephant in the room - where all troubles started 11 years ago with infections (schistosomiasis, pericarditis) - my only root-canal treated tooth.

You're all the time so helpful, really wish you to find a way out of that trap.

prioris likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.