Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vitamin C Destroying Methylcobalamin

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Tigger, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Tigger

Tigger

Anyone have any idea how much vitamin c is acceptable to take without destroying too much methylb12? I find vitamin c to be the most potent anti-histamine yet.

2. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Chocolove likes this.
  3. Tigger

Tigger

Thank you so much! Also, any idea why taking even medium dose vitamin c (<= 1 g/day) causes me to have extreme soreness (similar to what lactic acid buildup/post-exercise feels like)? Could this be c's ability to assist with chelation?

4. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    I thought I had experienced that also. Regular vitamin C is acidic and may affect the gut. I thought either way it might be putting some burden on the liver.

5. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    I'm not sure, but antioxidants all work together. You might enjoy "The Antioxidant Miracle" by Lester Packer, who ran the antioxidant lab at UC Berkeley for many years.

echobravo likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.