• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin C brand

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i dont know much about the brand but the price looks good. I just did a quick search on bulk powders/vitamins etc from a few other sites and the one u have your eye on looks good.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I often wonder if the slow release vitamin c tabs have greater benefits over normal vit c.
Powder is definitely a better way of getting high doses of vit c.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I just looked at pure organic rosehip powder on iherb - looks like a good way of getting a lot of a good product.
I was advised to take a mixture of ester C and rosehip.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I am taking this http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Buffered-Vitamin-C-Powder-16-oz-454-g/3968#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=buffered vitaminc powder&rc=71&sr=null&ic=1.
It is effervescent in water, tastes pretty bad. You´ll need buffered Vitamin C if you have a sensitive stomach. This one in doses above 2 grams gave me diarreah. I am trying to slowly increase with divided doses.

After this I will trial what maryb says, vitamin C from food sources. I have on eye an expensive product by New Chapter. Too bad they are owned by an evil company now

I am switching to whole food supplements alltogether when possible.

Last edited:

Hip

You can buffer your vitamin C (as ascorbic acid powder) yourself, by adding some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to it.

If you place say half a teaspoon of ascorbic acid powder in a glass of water, and then add roughly an equal amount of sodium bicarbonate to the glass, this will fizz up in the glass, making a nice refreshing fizzy vitamin C drink which is buffered, and no longer acidic.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Be aware of what you vitamin C is buffered with. I recently realized that mine is buffered with calcium. It was doubling my Ca intake. I stopped taking my Ca until I am through this bottle of C.