The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vitamin C and LPS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Justin30, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Hi Everyone,

I didnt know where to put this but thought it was relevant.

IV vitamin C in a bag or meyers cocktail has been one of only a couple of treatments that has ever helped.

Dr Jay Golstein used this as part of his resurection cocktail. I understand why based on personal experience. Kinda fits with the limic encephopathy theory of his as highest concentrations of vitamin C are in the brain.

Take a look at this link as it directly correlates with other threads made previously. Like the "Untreatable Infection."

This seems to be a safe alternative its to bad its not covered.

Vitamin C has numerous health benefits it just we as in many dint absorb it well even healthy people.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...nJ-i5enwevnqwcu4w&sig2=NfZaBpjiGkL2xQe9ve4HZQ

rosie26, cfs6691 and ErdemX like this.
  2. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    Hey @Justin30

Are you currently doing vitamin C via IV?

If so, what has been your experience? How frequently do you do it, what is the cost?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  3. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Thanks for this Justin - we are alike in that a course of Myers with added Glutathione gave me a considerable boost in health - unfortunately it didn't last more than a couple of months and I have been unable to afford the same in the UK.

I had three IV's a week that contained vitamins and 50g Vit C, plus glutathione, I cant be sure if its the vitamins, the vit C or the glut that helped so much. I was able to vacuum, garden and cook for fun all on the same day!

MEMum likes this.
  4. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Hi Scott,

I am doing Meyers cocktails has about 3 grams of vitamin C. Depending on yhe clinic it $55 to $120

25 gram ro 50 gram pure IV Vitamin C is over $100 per treatment.

The affects last of the meyers last 1-3 days but for me i always end up over doing it cause I feel so much better. Really bugs me that I have to pay for one of the only treatments that work.

They do work and I would think if done several times a week would help the body detox and heal but its the cost thats the killer.

One Dr I talked to said its one of the best treatments and this has been second by another top ME/CFS physician.

They say its the vitamin C providing the benefit mostly.

Hope your doing well.

MEMum and ScottTriGuy like this.

See more popular forum discussions.