1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vitamin C and B12

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joojee22, Oct 21, 2013.

1. joojee22

joojee22

I am wondering if taking high amounts of the AdenB12 and MethylB12 causes you to deplete Vitamin C?
    (i have a bad cold)
    I thought maybe having high B12 might move the citric acid cycle to fast and thus deplete Vitamin C.. not sure?..

Thanks.

J.
  2. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

Not sure. But taking more vitamin C for a cold has often been beneficial to me -- I generally take to bowel tolerance.
  3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Actually it's supposed to be the other way around - too much Vit C. depletes/destroys B12.

This is from Ben Lynch:
    If you want to take more than 450mg Vit. C, then take it some time (a couple hours?) before or after taking B12.
    joojee22 likes this.
  4. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Vitamin C has nothing to do with the citric acid cycle. Vitamin C is ascorbic acid. The citric acid cycle is also known as the Krebs cycle. No amount of cobalamin cause vit C depletion though if in the stomach vit C and potassium can block b12 absorption and folate absorption from the stomach and intestines. Personally I followed Paulings advice and kept increasing it to intestinal tolerance , 16 grams for years. Since Deadlock Quartet healing I have found 6 gr a day satisfactory.
    joojee22 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.