1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vitamin A (retinoic acid) for IBS

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Cort, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Interesting...from Pro health. Dr. Maes has said that the rate of IBS increases the longer you have ME/CFS and I believe him. My lower abdomen has been painful to the touch ever since I got ME/CFS but cramping problems in that area have increased tenfold over the past five years.

Interestingly they're not just talking about IBS but other immune diseases as well such as MS. After this check out the next post on Il-17 and ME/CFS.

Oxidized form of vitamin A may support relief for ulcerative colitis, IBS

2. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    IL-17 problems in ME/CFS

Now check out this recent study by Dr. De Meirleir that suggested ME/CFS patients have a predisposition to IL-17 problems. Now wonder he's interested in this cytokine - it regulates inflammation - apparently particularly in the intestines and Central nervous system. The gastrointestinal system is often called the " second nervous system" because of its many similarities to the central nervous system.

3. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

So where do you get oxidized Vitamin A?
  4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    Cort have you done the interview with prof. Maes yet?
  5. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    I've done it - he hasn't. It's been sitting there for a month or so - just sent him an e-mail a couple days ago. If he ever replies I'll ask him about retinoic acid.
  6. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    While on IBS, has anyone heard of an increase in colon polyps being related to CFS? My doctor is a bit baffled. Fifteen of the things in March and another eleven this Thursday. Plus, colon became spastic (IBS) and I now have some diverticula pockets. I feel as if my innards are falling apart, and it is definitely not diet-related, nor do I have any relatives with these problems.

See more popular forum discussions.