• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vital research out of PNNL

The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) collaborated with the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) to discover around 3,000 proteins in the spinal fluids of people who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and Lyme disease.

"We discovered that both diseases chronic fatigue syndrome and post-treatment neurological Lyme disease are central nervous system disorders," said Steven Schutzer, professor of medicine at UMDNJ. "They have their own characteristic set of spinal fluid proteins that lets us distinguish one from the other."

The two diseases were thought to be similar, and many people did not believe chronic fatigue syndrome had a real biological or physical basis, Schutzer said

http://news.collegemedianetwork.com...ery-validates-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-theory

Dolphin

Can people reply to this in one of the other threads on this research. Or ideally, if the OP could delete it and copy it into them, it would be great. The norm in this forum is to have one thread per research study. Otherwise, people can feel the need to say the same thing on more than one thread which is just a waste of effort for the person posting and also a waste of mental effort for the people who read it. It gets particularly frustrating if the same disagreements are on more than one thread.

I used to post messages dealing with threads like this down in the http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?3887-Post-your-threads-to-be-moved-merged-here thread in the "nuts and bolts" section but last few times I did that, nothing happened so not sure anybody doing that any more??