1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Two: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 21 March 2014
Searcher kicks us off on Day Two, with an autoimmunity overview, then we are into immunology and cytokines, we hear from Susan Levine and the allergy-related signatures study done with Lipkin et. al, a talk about paravirus B-19, Mady Hornig from CFI with more research, John Chia who...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Virus Reservoirs May Hold Key to HIV Cure

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Gemini, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/339/6125/1262.full

Discovery that latent virus reservoirs in T lymphocyte "central memory cells" may be key to curing HIV
    in the spotlight at the 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (3/15/2013).

Prompt treatment with ARVs after infection is diagnosed limits impact on T-"central memory cells."

Interesting question is whether this concept of virus reservoirs in T-central memory cells applies in general to other types of chronic infections, i.e., herpesvirus, enterovirus, etc?

See more popular forum discussions.