• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Virus Coinfection

acrosstheveil

My doctor seems to think I may have a viral thing going on and that's why i'm having all these weird symptoms like severe allergies to stuff I wasn't used to be allergic to, nervous system problems, exhaustion, chest pains, etc.....the list goes on and on and on.

What are some of the viral coinfections and how do you treat them? My white blood cell always been low for at least seven years now.

acrosstheveil

yes, that is what everyone is telling me. i will ask him next appointment. I may ask for methylcobalamin shots too. not sure if that will help though.

ukxmrv

Co-infections could be things like herpes family viruses or entroviruses

Hip posted a useful chart of drugs for the Herpes family in this thread

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/tired-tired-tired.32810/#post-506837

Antiviral Drugs for Herpes Family Viruses
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Valtrex (valacyclovir) · · · EBV, VZV, HSV-1, HSV-2
Famvir (famciclovir) · · · · EBV, VZV, HSV-1, HSV-2
Valcyte (valganciclovir) · · EBV, HHV-6, CMV, VZV, HSV-1, HSV-2
Vistide (cidofovir)· · · · · EBV, HHV-6, CMV, VZV, HSV-1, HSV-2
Falcigo (artesunate) · · · · EBV, HHV-6, CMV, HSV-1
Nexavir· · · · · · · · · · · EBV, HHV-6
Foscavir (foscarnet) · · · · HHV-6, CMV, HSV-1, HSV-2
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Entrovirus treatment advice would probably be under the threads for Dr Chia

Last edited:

Dufresne

almost there...
My doctor seems to think I may have a viral thing going on and that's why i'm having all these weird symptoms like severe allergies to stuff I wasn't used to be allergic to, nervous system problems, exhaustion, chest pains, etc.....the list goes on and on and on.

What are some of the viral coinfections and how do you treat them? My white blood cell always been low for at least seven years now.

I'm positive for Lyme and co and I also have a massive problem with sensitivities. I've been sick a very long time but the sensitivities only started a few years back. I've to rotate almost everything I put in my body these days.

I've read parasitic infections can cause hypersensitivity. Have you tested and/or treated for these?

Dr Rea and many of those who research and suffer from environmental illness believe this phenomenon is the result of a heavy toxic load. That it's only through extensive detox that sensitivities fade. If you're suffering from Lyme you should definitely look into mold illness if you haven't already. There's a free VCS test one can take that is a pretty good screening tool for this.

That said, I suspect a virus is responsible for my sensitivities.

Last edited:

Ema

Allergies are quite often related to low cortisol. I would consider a saliva cortisol test to assess your levels across the day. Cortisol is a major antiinflammatory and when it is low, allergies can rage out of control.

acrosstheveil

thanks, but even when my cortisol levels are high, i still react to the same things. This is not a typical allergy. probably would call it "intolerance" that can trigger anaphylaxis. i've been detoxing for years but it does nothing for my reactions. i'm going to try some oregano oil right now