• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Virtual Protest March

caledonia

kpd, those last two are hilarious. I like all your posters.

I've been really tempted to draw William Reeves with devil horns in one of my YouTube videos, but I've withheld so far.

I've gotten a few comments like Serenity's on my videos. It seems like there is a certain segment of patients that are concerned about a backlash from having a retrovirus.

I guess they're thinking about the AIDS epidemic, which did get pretty rough for patients. I think most of that was homophobia, ignorance of retrovirus transmission, and AIDS did kill you within a few years.

I would hope that people know a lot more about retroviruses now - that they're not easily transmitted like a cold or something.

Since we just had H1N1 which didn't pan out to much, people may be jaded when they hear about an epidemic and just tune out.

Also, the govt. is for sure going to be downplaying this. Getting attention may continue to be our problem, instead of the other way around.

However, I agree, we should continue to stick to the facts, which are scary enough.

serenity

thank you Coxy, nice to know i'm not the only one. it would be nice if we could come to a more level agreement.
i am really not used to being ignored because mine isnt' the popular opinion. i have an AA background & that is the type of group i am used to, where all opinions are listened to & valued. they found in AA that they could reach more people by not blocking out anyone's ideas & by listening to everyone's feeling on a subject. they are a very successful group as you know, & i am pleased to say that is why.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Here's my video protest posters.

Attachments

• cyber protest 1..jpg
    cyber protest 1..jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 36
  • cyber protest 2..jpg
    cyber protest 2..jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 32

citybug

Those are gorgeous and powerful images Dreambirdie!

Serenity, I started another thread in advocacy for discussion of this complex issue which will take much debate. I hear you, but I didn't want this Action thread to be derailed by a long discussion right at the start. It seemed you were telling rrrr, me and others not to express our feelings in this protest march.

How can we get more funding for research? Trying to make a poster helps boil down what you want to say. Coxy we need some posters for kids. What would you say to help them?

serenity

i only asked that you consider the feelings of others. i didn't once tell anyone not to say anything, please show me where i said that?
i think you interpreted it that way.
regardless of the fact that i said in writing i only asked that my feelings be considered as well.
which is my problem with activism, it often becomes zealotism. (if that is a word? haha)
anyway, i'm feeling way to low to deal with this right now.
so... sure, i mean, i do not intend to move to another thread. i would, if i were not attacked on this one - but telling me i'm tellin you not to say something which i did not in this thread is going to get a response on this thread.
i am very done talking about this.

*GG*

I figure in a demonstration people would bring all different kinds of signs. With a million people sick there are going to be many points of view. If anyone comes up with a great slogan I bet other people will adopt it.

Silence = living death is pretty powerful. I like the lines around it.

We need some chants too.

Clinical Trials Now!

How about YOU: Ask for Research! (referring to sign)

I liked these posters the best.

FYI