1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Virology Blog - Summary of Silverman on XMRV and CFS/Prostate Cancer

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by CBS, Jun 4, 2010.

1. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
  2. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    I had to lookup the term "paywall"!

For those not "in the know" like me, a pay wall (or paywall) blocks access to a webpage with a window requiring payment. Web sites that use them include some owned by periodical publications (from Wikipedia).

From what I read, this did not sound good. Did you interpret it the same way I did? ~ JT
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Does anyone have the actual paper?
  4. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    Cort,

I don't think this is a "paper'... just comments on a blog that is behind a "paywall". CBS will need to clarify for us.
  5. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    JT, Vincent Racaniello calls it a review article:

Then he cites the article by name at the end. It is listed in my college library database, but I can only get a copy if I special order it.

Robert H. Silverman, Carvell Nguyen, Christopher J. Weight & Eric A. Klein. The human retrovirus XMRV in prostate cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome. Nature Reviews Urology doi: 10.1038/nrurol.2010.77.
  6. thegodofpleasure

thegodofpleasure Player in a Greek Tragedy

Matlock, Derbyshire, Uk
    Nothing new

I don't think that it tells us anything more than we already knew .......... a useful summary though.

TGOP
  7. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    I am going in to work today and I have access to most of these journals. I'll check into the article referenced and post if possible. ~ JT
  8. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Love to read this one!
  9. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    While at work, I found that the article was epublished prior to the print publication. The only thing I could access was the abstract. I thought I had posted it but maybe I posted it on another thread?? :confused:

I will check back to see when it is available online... it appears I will have access eventually. :(

Never as soon as I would like! ~ JT

See more popular forum discussions.