1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Virology Blog - Summary of Silverman on XMRV and CFS/Prostate Cancer

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by CBS, Jun 4, 2010.

1. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
  2. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    I had to lookup the term "paywall"!

For those not "in the know" like me, a pay wall (or paywall) blocks access to a webpage with a window requiring payment. Web sites that use them include some owned by periodical publications (from Wikipedia).

From what I read, this did not sound good. Did you interpret it the same way I did? ~ JT
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Does anyone have the actual paper?
  4. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    Cort,

I don't think this is a "paper'... just comments on a blog that is behind a "paywall". CBS will need to clarify for us.
  5. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    JT, Vincent Racaniello calls it a review article:

Then he cites the article by name at the end. It is listed in my college library database, but I can only get a copy if I special order it.

Robert H. Silverman, Carvell Nguyen, Christopher J. Weight & Eric A. Klein. The human retrovirus XMRV in prostate cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome. Nature Reviews Urology doi: 10.1038/nrurol.2010.77.
  6. thegodofpleasure

thegodofpleasure Player in a Greek Tragedy

Matlock, Derbyshire, Uk
    Nothing new

I don't think that it tells us anything more than we already knew .......... a useful summary though.

TGOP
  7. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    I am going in to work today and I have access to most of these journals. I'll check into the article referenced and post if possible. ~ JT
  8. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Love to read this one!
  9. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    While at work, I found that the article was epublished prior to the print publication. The only thing I could access was the abstract. I thought I had posted it but maybe I posted it on another thread?? :confused:

I will check back to see when it is available online... it appears I will have access eventually. :(

Never as soon as I would like! ~ JT

See more popular forum discussions.