• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

viral Depigmented scar stripes on spine !! What is that??

leaves

I have had viral symptoms on both sides of my spine. It looks a lot like shingles but it is on both sides of my spine. They hurt a lot. I had this chonically when I was a teen but it left, leaving depigmented scar stripes across my spine. I recently had a flare up when I was on antivirus meds. It went away leaving more of these scars. Any ideas what this could be?

Sunday

I don't know for sure, but I read on another thread here the story of a woman who went to a new doctor. He noticed she had shingles that went across the meridian. "That only happens in autoimmune diseases," he mused. "Bingo," she replied. So maybe it is shingles. This might have been in the Stupidest Things People Have Said To You thread, sorry, brainfoggy and can't remember. But you could probably look it up and see if this might apply. A friend of mine with bad shingles did well with acupuncture and herbs; I've also known B vitamins to take care of it.

leaves

tnx!

Thanks so much for this!! Iwas worried I had some mysterious virus or something.I can live with shingles :) Thanks!!!