• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VIPDx tests Covered by Insurance?

Has anyone had success with their insurance company paying for any of the tests offered by VIPDx?
I sent for a test kit for XMRV serology and culture, Immune Profile 1, Cytokine Inflammatory Profile, and Human Herpes Infection Profile. Now, I'm nervous ( cost $1750 for all) that insurance might not pay for any of it. I have "cfs" (cringe at that name) and am very ill. I have constant active EBV and abnormal immune function. When tested in 2008, I had low immunoglobulins IGG & IGA, low IGG subclass 1&2, low IGG serum, low T-cell CD3 & CD8, high CD3-NK & NK Absolute. I have numerous terrible and baffling symptoms including severe pain, fever, vertigo, nausea, heart symptoms, extreme weakness, OI, and much more.
On the requisition form that the doctor signed, for the ICD-9 code he put 780.71 which is, I guess, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Is there a better code to use?
How useful are these VIP tests? Would the Human Herpes Infection Profile be of value since I already know I have chronic EBV? I thought it might be a good idea to see what other herpes viruses I have so that I can start taking the right antiviral.