1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

VIPdx Antibody Testing of Prior PCR/Culture test samples

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Levi, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Levi

Levi Senior Member

Read Amy Dockser's WSJ article today and revisited XMRV developments. Its been months since I have bothered to update. XMRV research is still a mess. Marguerite at VIPdx was called, and she says something is in the works but not finalized for prior test patients. Perhaps they will be antibody testing the old blood samples, or maybe they will want new blood samples. No mention of costs, etc. They will send out letters to patients when they get it all figured out.

2. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Hey Levi - good to see ya. Woof, Woof. VIP dx still on for unveiling of the XMRV antibody test tomorrow??

3. Levi

Levi Senior Member

Thanks George. It did not sound like the test would be available tommorrow. Its not prime time ready yet.

4. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    (big sighs) I kinda thought that might be the case. Thanks for the update.

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I called VIP today and they said maybe in 2 weeks--didn't know the cost.

Sushi

6. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    Good to know Sushi. I got a test kit in the mail after getting on the wating list a month ago when the serology test was announced. I was told they would be shipping an extra vial for the antibody test so I think I have the vials for culture and serology - the information in the box was rather lacking.

I didn't expect them to ship the kit without calling first. My wife and I have to talk about spending the $ right given finances and the state of treatment options right now.

But I don't think I'll be ordering the CDC test kit. ;)

7. Lynn

Lynn Senior Member

Yes, I received a kit as well. I have a Doctor's appt. in two weeks. I hope the new test is released by then!

Lynn

See more popular forum discussions.