1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

VIP Dx MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT on Jun 1 !

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by parvofighter, May 31, 2010.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I'll bet it is; I'll bet as soon as they got the tests done they shut down the website so that people wouldn't order the wrong ones. I don't why the website morphed into this weird ad zone - thats what really alarmed me - I wondered if they were going out of business but I'll bet its the two new tests and my guess the CDC thing is just a coincidence.

Its past 9 here - so it wasn't wait until business hours....god knows when anything is going to be put up.
  2. hvs

hvs Senior Member

Yep, should be an antibody test. Cool.
  3. Rivotril

Rivotril Senior Member

and after 83 posts, were back with the same thoughts that parvo had about this in post # 1:Retro smile:
  4. redo

redo Senior Member

About the ads on their site.
    It's common that web designers put out a under construction site when they are working on a site. On that it may or may be ads, depending on types of hosting, and how it's done.

What's uncommon is to put out such a site when doing construction on medium to large sites.

The reason why it came is most likely because the web designers chose to do it when they did some updates. I don't think it was a deliberate thing from anyone who's working at the lab. And I doubt they were asked or informed when the ads came.
  5. JT1024

JT1024 Senior Member

Massachusetts
    Since we have a past high of over 200 posts while WAITING, I figured I needed to add.

I PM's Parvo but he must be busy sniffing out some scintillating tidbit to post.

Anyone else heard from Parvo???
  6. redo

redo Senior Member

It is common that businesses that go out of business end up with a Google ad site (like the one VIPdx had, only without under construction written).

It often happens when the hosting time runs out, and they don't pay the bill.
  7. leaves

leaves Senior Member

8. fred

fred The game is afoot

9. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    LOL @ Nina
  10. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    Does the good old British expression 'Couldn't organise a *iss up in a brewery' ring true?

:innocent1:
  11. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Us, CDC or VIP Dx. Well we don't drink so CDC or VIP Dx?
  12. lululowry

lululowry Senior Member

Athens, Georgia
    I just called them and Jessica, who answered the phone at VIP Dx, did not know when they would actually post the announcement - nor what the announcement was. :confused: So much for the direct approach.:tongue:
  13. Nina

Nina Senior Member

Certainly does, Adam :D
  14. fred

fred The game is afoot

My money is on them announcing a new website. But not really.
  15. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    I agree - they probably had no idea. Shoddy stuff from their web designers, though - that doesn't happen much anymore but I think you must be right.
  16. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    We definitely rely on the Brits for good color commentary.

I think you need to go to the South here to get real color; I love this one I read in Clinton's autobiography "I wouldn't piss in his ear if his brain was on fire"
  17. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    If you completely take down all of your website content, temporarily, then don't some website hosts just put some of their own content in the blank space?
  18. Rivotril

Rivotril Senior Member

I think the'll announce that they start a CBT/GET Centre and Weasly replaces Lombardi
  19. V99

V99 *****

UK
    So Wessely is pegnant then?

That is big news
  20. The child may be named 'Damian'.

See more popular forum discussions.