• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VIP Dx MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT on Jun 1 !

subtr4ct

The one tidbit I got from the email was that they were adding a 'serology tube' to the test kit.
I wonder if this implies that they will not be applying the new test to previously submitted samples as was expected/hoped earlier?

FernRhizome

Does anyone know if VIP is doing testing this month? Since there is no information on their website for ordering tests or giving pricing I wonder if they are even active right now? I'd like to get tested at this point ASAP. Even though I am in the WPI study, I think it may take months to hear results from that study...

Otis

Señor Mumbler
The have a 30 day backlog, so if you requested a test kit tomorrow yours should ship in a month, at which point they expect the serology test to be available, but I'd suggest calling to see if those timeframes are still accurate.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Wow, this may have been said already, I haven't read all 20 pages of posts, but this is such an elegant move by the WPI and explains why perhaps some of their other PR efforts have appeared haph-hazard. This must have taken a lot of negotiating on all fronts. And it solves a lot of issues. VIPdx's main PR problem was that it was coming across as a fly-by-night, out of nowhere lab, hence would have had a tough time gaining respect from mainstream institutions and doctors. In turn, the new WPI patient care facility would have found itself in the odd position of needing to bypass whatever lab (Quest or other) is housed in the University of Nevada School of Medicine in order to get its patients' samples analyzed. I can't imagine the amount of institutional negotiations all of this must have required. But with one bold stroke, it streamlines and solidifies the key componets of patient care and thorough and reliable on-site diagnostics. Nicely done.

I agree. It must have been a horrendous procedure to get that lab into the U of N system. It says something for the lab itself that it happened. Univ of Nevada must have looked VIP Dx over very closely before they decided to have them become a University lab. It's a great boost for VIP Dx -the little lab that no one had ever heard of - it legitimizes them NOW. And the WPI has their lab right next to them. It really speaks to the continuing commitment of the University system to WPI.