• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VIP Dx Culture Test Poll For A LATENT Infection

What is the Result of Your XMRV Culture Test?

• I have severe ME/CFS: I tested positive

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • I have moderate to severe ME/CFS: I tested positive

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I have mild to moderate ME/CFS: I tested positive

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I have mild ME/CFS: I tested positive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have severe ME/CFS: I tested negative

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • I have moderate to severe ME/CFS: I tested negative

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • I have mild to moderate ME/CFS: I tested negative

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have mild ME/CFS: I tested negative

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

ukxmrv

As soon as patients knew that there was something coming out of WPI we tried to find out about testing.

As soon as the Science paper was released on XMRV the WPI and Redlabs (now VIP dx) were inundated from enquiries from patients begging for testing.

I went in with my eyes open, knowing that testing was at an early stage and that there would false negatives. VIP dx and the WPI was upfront and answered all my questions. No one made me have this test or any of the other experimental tests I've paid for in the past.

It's going to take years to sort out the testing side. Some of us will need to wait until biopsies or whatever method returns the best results are worked out. I don't think that the test was made public too soon, as we the patients asked for it. I asked for it and I am glad that it is available/being improved all the time.

Yes, it is hard but I never thought it would be easy. We are at the start of something and in my opinion I am grateful to VIPdx for offering the test.

I understand what you learned Jax and I really sympathise. I have also paid in the past for tests that in one way ended up to be relevant and/or the science didn't work out. I'm not rushing out for a spinal tap either.

For XMRV, I wanted to know about this virus only, I didn't need validation, so in a different position. I knew that if I had a negative test then it could be years until I knew for sure what my status was (and that I would need to pay for retesting that I can ill afford).

Hoping that we get a reliable test for XMRV and some treatment soon. It's the treatment that we need and the WPI is the place that it is most likely to come from.

Wow, I didn't even send my medicare info to VIP, thinking it wouldn't do any good. Did you test positive? I would think if you did they would pay. I plan on sending them my info now. Thank you!