• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vincent Racaniello to me

Interesting point. Thanks Mya.

(PS: Did you check to see if this could be posted in public? I wouldn't have thought it would matter with a comment like that, but a couple of times in the past not checking has caused trouble.)

SOC

****Deleted note from Dr R****

Me: How do we convince the scientists (retrovirologists) that we have not answered all the questions yet and we still need more research on XMRV?

I imagine they understand this even better than we do. :) The people we need to convince are the media and the politicians, who don't have a sound understanding of virology.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Interesting point. Thanks Mya.

(PS: Did you check to see if this could be posted in public? I wouldn't have thought it would matter with a comment like that, but a couple of times in the past not checking has caused trouble.)

No I didn't. It did not seem like anything we already did not know some scientists were thinking. What kind of trouble? Maybe I should delete this.

Didn't mean to cause a trouble. Some researchers assume that e-mails like this are to be made public, others assume they're private corresponance. For this e-mail, I don't think he would mind, but it's probably politer to ask.