Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Views on B12--Greg (B12 oils) view vs Rich Van's view--Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by boohealth, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

@Johnmac My husband had the strangest skin eruptions on scalp and face when taking Red Bull 2-3x weekly about 1.5 years ago. They have nothing to do with acne, pimples, furunculosis or eczema - nothing that I had seen before, but exactly like Freddd describes. Also taking B vits messes up with his immune system and he develops breathing infections. To me this discussion about B vits interfering with microbiota activity makes total sense.

Johnmac likes this.
  2. Gondwanaland

@Johnmac About psoriasis I have also been reading people saying that Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA in Borage Oil used mostly for eczema) greatly helps. This oil also stimulates B6 metabolism (GLA is processed by B6) so one could expect better insulin sensitivity from it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  3. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    Thanks @Gondwanaland - I did try borage oil a few years back, but no effect sadly.

4. Gondwanaland

I am afraid it doesn't work if one has low B6, zinc, magnesium.

5. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I'll give it another shot then.

6. CCC

CCC Senior Member

Update on the B-group oils: probably too much B3 for us. It caused massive folate needs and I had to stop slurping it on.

The only upside was we ran out of mfolate. Before the next order arrived from iherb, we were forced to try folinic from the supplement cache. Taking that with cheap B2 has given us a mini breakthrough. It has released us from sublingual FMN and reduced the sublingual AB12 demand (the B12 oil is now enough).

Gondwanaland likes this.
  7. Theodore

Theodore Senior Member

France
    @CCC

What do you mean exactly by a massive folate needs?

Is there someone who prefers the B12 ice than the Adeno/Methyl here?

8. CCC

CCC Senior Member

By massive, we were taking five or six or more of the LE methylfolate tablets a day. They supposedly have 5mg of methylfolate per pill (they never felt like more than about 3 or 4, or so I'm told).

We haven't tried the B12 ice, but I know I've seen a few who have tried it.

Theodore likes this.
  9. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

What is B12 ice?

10. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

I presume it's the product from B12 Oils.

B12 Ice: A combination product containing adenosyl and methyl cobalamin plus vitamin D and THC (a curcumin derivative).

Theodore and Little Bluestem like this.
  11. keenly

keenly Senior Member

UK
    This is me!

I received my oils a few weeks ago. One week after I exercised for the first time in 14 years. I was already have breathing issues.

Due to the fact high dose hydroxy had worked for me before, I went to town using 5, 6 sprays right away.
    3 days later bang, I was horrible. Chest pain worse, racing heart, immense fatigue, tingling in hands. Took a couple of days off, tried mixed B vits again, within MINUTES, literally about 4 minutes my arms went dead, floppy. Terrifying.

Right now my biceps are completely fatigued just writing on my laptop. In the last 14 months I have used Idebenone, and not had any muscle fatigue whilst doing normal stuff in the house. Now it has stopped working, I have no idea why?

The exercise and B Vits have totally messed me up.

12. Victronix

Victronix Senior Member

California
    high dose hydroxy had worked for me before, I went to town using 5, 6 sprays right away

The better way to do the B vitamins is low and slow, gradually build up. A lot of people on here get screwed up by rushing in with high dosages. While some people are okay with that, it should not be the standard. As far as I know, there is no special benefit to rushing high dosages, and greatly increased blowback risk.

I can see why, if it worked before, one would do it again, but the goal should be to carefully test and increase supplements. Stopping suddenly can create horrible depression and bizarre outcomes, depending on what deficiencies or blockages you have. The best way to avoid that is take everything low and slow, gradual.

Sorry about your experience. I know all too well the experience of "terrifying". Some drugs also do stop working with hormone changes, like for women with perimenopause -- things can go haywire, and something like a sleep aid can suddenly have an opposite effect.

I have to avoid any B6, methyl folate or folic acid in B mixtures, so I get all the other Bs and take small amounts of them -- B6 and methyl folate will cause me to have a meltdown in various ways. So it could be one or two things in a B mixture.

keenly likes this.
  13. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    IMO you should email Greg & ask him what's happening. He has worked thru scenarios like this with many people.

Helen likes this.
  14. keenly

keenly Senior Member

UK
    Absolutely.

15. gettinbetter

gettinbetter Senior Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    This is the first time I have heard liposomal vit c hypes someone other than myself a small amount will hype me for a day
    Anyone know why this is ?
    Thanks

16. gettinbetter

San Francisco Bay Area
    Which form of b12 oil you using Johnmac?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  17. gettinbetter

San Francisco Bay Area
    What kind of b12 are you crushing?

18. gettinbetter

San Francisco Bay Area
    I have Lugol's 2% iodine solution
    Does anyone use that?
    Thanks

19. gettinbetter

San Francisco Bay Area
    Exercise intolerance to me is one of the most frustrating thing about "this" condition
    Has Greg's protocol (what I will call it ) helped with that ?

20. gettinbetter

San Francisco Bay Area
    Where are the original papers?

See more popular forum discussions.