• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video - WiFi in Schools (15-Min)

Wayne

I just watched this video, and being very EMF sensitive myself, found it to be quite interesting. If you don't have the energy or inclination to watch the whole video, I would recommend going to the 10:30 mark, where it describes how one of the first cities in the world (France) to go WiFi, has now become the first city in the world to eliminate all WiFi from all schools and public buildings (they're replacing it with safer and more reliable fiber-optic).

WiFi in Schools Proven Dangerous

Best Regards, Wayne

wdb

This is rather a controversial topic so just for balance this is the opposing view.

Radiofrequency electromagnetic field exposure and non-specific symptoms of ill health: A systematic review Martin Rsli

Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Finkenhubelweg 11, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
Received 21 September 2007; revised 4 February 2008; Accepted 6 February 2008. Available online 21 March 2008.

Abstract
This article is a systematic review of whether everyday exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic field (RF-EMF) causes symptoms, and whether some individuals are able to detect low-level RF-EMF (below the ICNIRP [International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection] guidelines). Peer-reviewed articles published before August 2007 were identified by means of a systematic literature search. Meta-analytic techniques were used to pool the results from studies investigating the ability to discriminate active from sham RF-EMF exposure. RF-EMF discrimination was investigated in seven studies including a total of 182 self-declared electromagnetic hypersensitive (EHS) individuals and 332 non-EHS individuals. The pooled correct field detection rate was 4.2% better than expected by chance (95% CI: -2.1 to 10.5). There was no evidence that EHS individuals could detect presence or absence of RF-EMF better than other persons. There was little evidence that short-term exposure to a mobile phone or base station causes symptoms based on the results of eight randomized trials investigating 194 EHS and 346 non-EHS individuals in a laboratory. Some of the trials provided evidence for the occurrence of nocebo effects. In population based studies an association between symptoms and exposure to RF-EMF in the everyday environment was repeatedly observed. This review showed that the large majority of individuals who claims to be able to detect low level RF-EMF are not able to do so under double-blind conditions. If such individuals exist, they represent a small minority and have not been identified yet. The available observational studies do not allow differentiating between biophysical from EMF and nocebo effects.

fla

Interesting. Thanks for posting. I suspect M.E. is an immune reaction to prolonged environmental insult(s). I would not be surprised at all if electromagnetic radiation turns out to be one of those contributing insults.