Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Video: The Truth About Lyme Disease Dr. Steven Phillips discusses Lyme Disease and dispels myths

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Antares in NYC, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    Brief TV interview with Dr. Stephen Phillips on Lyme Disease, as tick season ramps up in the northeast USA:

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/104740644-video

He makes a great case for the utter bullsh!t that is PTLD.

justy, leela, meandthecat and 4 others like this.
  2. duncan

duncan Senior Member

What a composed and articulate spokesperson. Very impressive.

3. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    He really is.

Notice at the end the presenter says "There's still so many questions we have ....". Well, Fox, cover it more.

4. Antares in NYC

USA
    I think his logical exercise about the rationalization of PTLD is right on. You couldn't apply the same idiotic prínciple to other infectious diseases without being laughed out of the room.

Take tuberculosis. So if after two or three weeks of abx treatment you are still coughing up blood, then you must no longer have tuberculosis, it must be something else. Bunch of fraudsters, really.

justy, leela, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  5. Antares in NYC

USA

duncan and Dufresne like this.
  6. duncan

duncan Senior Member

Well worth the 40 minutes. The 25 studies by IDSA evangelists that actually prove Lyme persistence post-treatment were revealing on a couple levels.

People who are curious as to why the IDSA's version of the Lyme problem may not be as cut and dried as they think should watch this video. He presents in an easy and comfortable manner, and is compelling in part because much of the case he makes is straightforward common sense.

Thanks for posting, @Antares in NYC .

Antares in NYC and sarah darwins like this.

See more popular forum discussions.