Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

video talk: Dr. Collins on GI effects of EDS -- plus Fracomano, et al

Discussion in 'Connective Tissue Disorders/Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome' started by Sherlock, May 20, 2014.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock tart cherry etc. for joints, insomnia

Czechosherlockia, USA

Published on Sep 15, 2013

Title: How Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Affects Digestion, Nutrition, Bowel Function, and Gut-Related Immune Function
    Author: Heidi A. Collins, M.D.
    Heidi A. Collins is a Physiatrist with a Special Interest in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome as both she and her children are affected by it

This lecture addresses the fact that the entire gastrointestinal system is affected by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. It discusses how the connective tissue abnormalities can make the gastrointestinal tract sluggish, painful, leaky, and inflamed. How the autonomic dysfunction seen with Ehlers-Danlos can cause motility disorders and how structural abnormalities can affect absorption, trigger the immune system and cause a cascade of events of inflammation and allergies.

==================

There are also several other EDS videos from the same TCAPP conference.

[edit: that should be Francomano, not Fracomano as it's spelled in her video title]

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    Allyson likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.