1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

video talk: Dr. Collins on GI effects of EDS -- plus Fracomano, et al

Discussion in 'Connective Tissue Disorders/Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome' started by Sherlock, May 20, 2014.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock bicarb for exercise recovery and taming candida

US

Published on Sep 15, 2013

Title: How Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Affects Digestion, Nutrition, Bowel Function, and Gut-Related Immune Function
    Author: Heidi A. Collins, M.D.
    Heidi A. Collins is a Physiatrist with a Special Interest in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome as both she and her children are affected by it

This lecture addresses the fact that the entire gastrointestinal system is affected by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. It discusses how the connective tissue abnormalities can make the gastrointestinal tract sluggish, painful, leaky, and inflamed. How the autonomic dysfunction seen with Ehlers-Danlos can cause motility disorders and how structural abnormalities can affect absorption, trigger the immune system and cause a cascade of events of inflammation and allergies.

==================

There are also several other EDS videos from the same TCAPP conference.

[edit: that should be Francomano, not Fracomano as it's spelled in her video title]
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    Allyson likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.