1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Video of Richvank's seminar in Skovde, Sweden on October 1-2, 2011

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by richvank, Oct 4, 2011.

1. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, all.

I'm back from Sweden, and the IAOMT group has already put a video of my seminar there on the web.

The IAOMT was originally a group of biological dentists, interested particularly in mercury toxicity, but the Swedish branch has developed to include what we would call alternative or integrative physicians as well, and their interests extend to many of the issues involving ME/CFS.

You can find the video at this url:

http://iaomt.media.fnf.nu/2/skovde_2011_me_kroniskt_trotthetssyndrom/$%7Bweburl%7D

It is quite a long video, in three parts. They gave me several hours, so that I was able to go into considerable detail. I presented a basic
    description of ME/CFS and then discussed the Glutathione Depletion--Methylation Cycle Block hypothesis, how it explains various aspects of ME/CFS, testing, treatment, and the clinical study performed by Dr. Neil Nathan and myself.

I hope you will find it interesting.

Best regards,

Rich
    merylg, fla and anne_likes_red like this.
  2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Hi Rich,

Welcome back.
    You are a breath of fresh air here.
    Thank you so much for giving us the information about the video of your speech.

I'm sure it's very interesting.
    Will start watching it soon.
  3. gu3vara

gu3vara Senior Member

edit, sorry
  4. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks rich - will take in with much pleasure later on.
  5. sandralee

sandralee

Sydney, Australia
    Hi Rich,

Welcome back. Weve really missed you.

Im really looking forward to hearing your talk.

Sandra
  6. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I will watch, thank you!!!:D

Welcome back!

Ediiting to say...Later that day....... I am really enjoying the first video! You did a great job, I can't wait to see more.
  7. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Dear Rich,

I watched all the videos with great interest. You are as kind and clear in person as you are in print. Thank you so much. It was thorough and easy to follow,
    even when, as with me, it isn't possible to understand all the molecular chemistry. I understood enough. This has spurred me on to come up to the full doses
    which you recommend each day--I'd lingered at the starter doses for a few months and wasn't having trouble. So I will persevere and see how I do.

I hope the CDC picks up on some of your research, as you said they might.

How did you first get started studying ME/CFS--I am sorry but I am either forgetting or didn't know.

All the best,

Sing

P.S. Now I know why English slang for rabbits is conies/konies.
  8. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

This is excellent, thanks Rich.

Hope you had a wonderful trip!
  9. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Thanks Rich - I am halfway through and will watch the rest later, awesome talk.
  10. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    Problem with link?
  11. ukme

ukme Senior Member

Just finished watching it all Rich, absolutely fantastic for me as v clear to understand (well maybe not all those diagrams!) and makes a lot of sense. At one point you say 'the cavalry never arrives in chronic fatigue syndrome', well I think you're part of the cavalry and some day it will. Like others have said I hope you can get funding for wider studies.
    anne_likes_red likes this.
  12. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Well said.. ukme, Rich is a big part of the calvary!

I finished the videos. I really learned a lot and also, you make it easy to understand. I bet the audience really enjoyed it. Thank you very much! Sally
  13. Marg

Marg Senior Member

Wetumpka Alabama
    Great Rich, just great!

I plan to test again in November and you send you the results.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do for us.

A CDC study would really be wondeful, hear's hoping!
  14. fla

fla Senior Member

Montreal, Canada
    Is this a superset of your Ottawa talk? My wife and I will listen with great interest.
  15. Gamboa

Gamboa Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks Rich. I just watched part 1 and enjoyed it very much. I hope to bring this to the attention of my nutritionist here in Ottawa and get started on your protocol.

Claire
  16. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Hi Rich,

I too finished watching the first pat. You were so clear and natural.
    I have to say that I got nervous when you put up the make up of Glutathione and someone in the audience said something to the effect that this is a sign of longevity of life and you said that a depletion of this in the body means the opposite. I guess that scared me. It's another reason to take this very seriously.
  17. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Wonderful, Rich, just wonderful.
    As always, admiration and gratitude...
  18. redo

redo Senior Member

For what it's worth, I feel confident you are right when it comes to methylation's crucial role in ME. In particular when it comes to fatigue/exhaustion/PEM.
  19. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I just watched the whole talk yesterday and I'm so pleased I did! I had been a bit daunted because it's over three hours but it was well worth it. If anybody needs motivating to follow the protocol they should watch it. I have very little knowledge of biology but Rich explains it so clearly that even I got the gist.

Here's the url of the talk as a hyperlink.

It made me think of a couple of questions so I'll start another thread on that.

Thanks, Rich, for all your efforts for us! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  20. mellster

mellster Marco

San Francisco
    Agreed - there are likely underlying causing/triggering factors, but once the damage is done, a blocked methylation cycle and faster-depleting body seems to a great fit to explain PEM. I think the additional cytokine reaction is likely the body reacting to and signaling the imminent threat of depletion to the patient so they are limited in what they can do next for a while as only aggressive rest brings relieve (which replenishes the body somewhat).

See more popular forum discussions.