1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Video of Rich Van Konynenburg's memorial service now online

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by DVanK, Dec 11, 2012.

1. DVanK

DVanK

[SIZE=2]After many technical difficulties the promised video of Rich's memorial service is finally online.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=black][SIZE=2][media=vimeo]55128051[/media][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/SIZE]
    The video can be download to watch later or it can be viewed online. Anyone who doesn't have the time (or energy) to watch it all at once (or who just wants to skip the opening comments and view only specific parts of the video), it can be advanced by using the minute counter to find the following highlights:

Intro to a tribute song by Rich's daughter in-law: 6:01
    Main Eulogy/Overview of Rich's life: 11:30
    Comments about Rich's career as a scientist at the LLNL, given by two of his fellow scientists: 24:30
    Comments by Rich's step-sons: 43:15
    Rich's own words about why he worked on ME/CFS, read by a friend: 55:08
    Rich's wife reads letters received by Rich and makes comments: 59:00
    Rich's favorite hymns: 1:56:45

Within the video is a montage of the photos that were shown at Rich's memorial service. Because they were projected on a screen, some are a little hard to see (some are back-lit) in the video. The actual photo collection can be viewed directly [SIZE=2]at the [SIZE=2]Rich Van Konynenburg photo montage thread, also located on this forum[/SIZE]: [/SIZE]
    Marg, Roy S, adreno and 3 others like this.
  2. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Thank you so much Diana.
    Kina likes this.
  3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Lovely service.

Thanks for sharing.

Ema
    ggingues and Kina like this.
  4. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Thank you so much Diana
    Kina likes this.
  5. K2 for Hope

K2 for Hope ALways Hoping

Jacksonville, FL 32258
    Diana, thank you for taking the time to put this on the forum while you are still grieving such a loss. You and Rich are in our hearts forever.

Karen
    leela and Kina like this.
  6. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

A heartfelt thanks Diana.
    That was a lovely service and it means a lot to see how loved and appreciated Rich was in all areas of his life.
    Anne.
    ggingues and Kina like this.
  7. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    DVanK

Oh Thank You Diana,

This means so much to us all.

Sushi
    Kina likes this.
  8. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Hi Diana,
    I just found out that you are a member of the forum. I was thinking of you and your family over Christmas, and how much you must be missing Rich. Anyway just to let you know that I prayed for you all on Christmas eve.
    Kind regards,
    Lisa
    ggingues likes this.
  9. DVanK

DVanK

Thanks to all who continue to express your love and appreciation for Rich and for our family. Yes, Lisa, my family and I are missing Rich, and we are grieving his loss deeply. I appreciate that his posts are still here for others to read. I also appreciate the way that you are helping and supporting each other.

See more popular forum discussions.