MEAdvocacy.org Update and a Call for Continued Support
“I have tried raising money by asking for it, and by not asking for it. I always got more by asking for it.”
Discuss the article on the Forums.

VIDEO: Ergospirometry Testing of ME/CFS patients

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by deleder2k, Aug 2, 2014.

1. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Katarina Lien, MD (writing her PhD on this topic), ME researcher at the ME/CFS centre at Oslo University Hospital speaks about Ergospirometry testing in ME/CFS patients at the premiere of Perversely Dark in Oslo, Norway, 12.05.2014

Remember to turn on subtitles. Subtitles by me.

Enjoy the weekend.

Joolz, alex3619, TigerLilea and 11 others like this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    That's very interesting that they're doing ergospirometry (basically the 2-day CPET, I think) to measure pre- and post-Rituximab function in PWME. None of this PACE outcome twisted fluff! Proper measurement.

Thanks, @deleder2k, for another great service you're doing for us all by translating this fascinating stuff that's coming out of Norway. I think we all want to emigrate there! :)

TigerLilea, NK17, DanME and 4 others like this.
  3. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    @deleder2k You and your subtitles - awesome! Thanks for doing that work for us.

TigerLilea, NK17, catly and 1 other person like this.
  4. DanME

DanME Senior Member

@deleder2k thank you very much. I am glad to see, that they going to use CPET as an end point. Merging the different methods is exactly, what I like to see.

I have to say, I really love the sound of the Norwegian language :) It seems softer than Danish and Swedish.

What is the ME/CFS Centre at Oslo University? Do they offer tests and treatment for the public or did they only participate in studies? Have you been there?

TigerLilea, NK17, catly and 1 other person like this.
  5. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

You do? I think Swedish is way softer than Danish. The Danes speak like they have a potato in their throat.

I have not been there personally. The centre are in charge for the Rituximab trial at Oslo University Hospital. As mentioned in the video, they will also do a bicycle test for patients treated with Rituximab.

NK17, ggingues and DanME like this.
  6. DanME

DanME Senior Member

Though it is a small department, it is actually very exciting to see, that a serious ME/CFS centre exits at a University in Europe. That is more than a lot of other countries offer to ME patients.

(Yes, Norwegian seems to have a certain melody, while Danish sounds a bit rough.)

Cheshire and NK17 like this.
  7. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Its not at a University, but at a University Hospital (Universitätsklinikum)

8. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

Catching up on this gem that our amazing @deleder2k has magnificently subtitled and posted here on PR!

Norway is really leading the way in the ME/CFS research field, these doctors are true scientists and as such they will uncover the real pathophysiology of our disease.

They'll go far, they'll find treatments, they'll vindicate us, they will win prizes ;)!

deleder2k likes this.
  9. deleder2k

deleder2k Senior Member

Thank you, @NK17. I will continue posting stuff here. I guess there's more to come :)

10. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

Takk again to you @deleder2k :).

Please keep it coming, but make sure to take good care of yourself.

We have a long winding road ahead of us, but we'll take the first few steps on it soon. There is no going back now ;).

deleder2k likes this.
  11. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Its nice to see the CPET and Light research making an impact, but its not hard to see how those who already understand the potential importance of Rituximab might be more receptive to the modern studies. I just wish doctors all over the world were as keen on figuring this out.

deleder2k and NK17 like this.
  12. Cheshire

Cheshire Senior Member

France
    That is so great to see two of the most promising tools in the ME CFS field used both together!

And thanks again deleder2k!

Sidereal likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.