• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video: Brain Activity Map Project, interview with Dr. Church

Dr. Church, Professor of Genetics, Harvard Unversity, discusses the methods, technologies, and implications of achieving a map of human brain activity. Dr. Church was also involved in the Human Genome Project, and he expects the same level of achievement and accuracy in mapping brain activity. The idea for this was formally proposed by President Barak Obama during the State of the Union Address. (Once again, shake your own hand or pat yourself on the back if you voted for the right candidate in the last election.)

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Washington-Journal-for-Saturday-February-23/10737438329-2/

My opinion: What neurons are active or quiet when you undergo a PEM episode, for example? Or have a breakdown from multiple chronic sensitivies? Or cannot sleep for weeks at a time? What neurons can be stimulated or manipulated to prevent these? Questions to be answered in this effort. This is why I'm optimistic about the future of CFS.