• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Victoria: “Neuropsychological functioning in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome before & after mentally fati..

Here's one for you Allyson :)

Victoria University Research Study “Neuropsychological functioning in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome before and after mentally fatiguing tasks”

It's in an image so I can't cut and paste the details to make it easier to read, details here

This must be an ongoing stdy from last year as I found a word document from last year:

Victoria University Research Study
Neuropsychological functioning in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome before and after mentally fatiguing tasks”

Participants needed
We are looking for volunteers to be involved in a study examining the effects of mental fatigue on memory and executive functioning.

The study involves attending 2 sessions of about 1.5 hours each, either in your home or at Victoria University’s St. Albans campus (taxi vouchers will be provided).

During each session you will be asked to complete a battery of neuropsychological tasks that will test your attention, memory and verbal skills.

We are looking for individuals who:

· are aged between 18 and 45 years
· currently have a diagnosis of ME/CFS (Canadian and Fukuda criteria)
· speak English as their first language

If you are interested in finding out more about this study, please contact Dr. Melinda Jackson at Victoria University on 9919 9582, or melinda.jackson@vu.edu.au

This study has been approved by the Victoria University’s Human Research Ethics Committee.

roxie60

wish I could participate. Curious why do they limit the age to 45 years? Seems many of us dont get a diagnoss til we have serached for years and end up in the CFIDS bucket in our 50's - 60's. Are we alrady being written off when we get to 50?

wish I could participate. Curious why do they limit the age to 45 years? Seems many of us dont get a diagnoss til we have serached for years and end up in the CFIDS bucket in our 50's - 60's. Are we alrady being written off when we get to 50?
Well we can hardly ask the 20 year-olds to go to Carousel instead so that they can be recycled into Soylent Green :p

But limiting based on age might help in avoiding additional health issues that are age-related, or age-related fatigue, or just keeping the patient and control groups more homozygous. There also might be more existing data available for them to compare their results to in the 18-45 range. And there's probably a TON of paper work to do if a geezer drops dead of old age during a trial :whistle:

roxie60

Funny! I use to love watching Logan's Run (of course I was 20 something ;)). I was thinking along the same line, possible age related issues, but after years of fighting all these symps I feel I have aged prematurely (53 going on 85 some days)