• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vibrating capsule for treating chronic constipation.

Ema

This certainly is a novel treatment!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/release...cedaily+(Latest+Science+News+--+ScienceDaily)

An oral capsule that vibrates as it moves through the digestive tract has shown notable promise as a non-pharmacological treatment for constipation, according to new research. The capsule, which houses a small engine inside, is programmed to begin vibrating six to eight hours after swallowing. The vibrations (mechanical stimulations) cause contractions in the intestine, which help move stool through the digestive tract.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
This certainly is a novel treatment!

An oral capsule that vibrates as it moves through the digestive tract has shown notable promise as a non-pharmacological treatment for constipation, according to new research. The capsule, which houses a small engine inside, is programmed to begin vibrating six to eight hours after swallowing. The vibrations (mechanical stimulations) cause contractions in the intestine, which help move stool through the digestive tract.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140503141219.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed: sciencedaily (Latest Science News -- ScienceDaily)

Might work, but sure would feel weird! :nervous:

Sushi

peggy-sue

Do you have to catch it when it comes out, for reusing the next day,
or do you take a new one with every meal?
(I'm having visions of folk with three sets of bits of vibrating intestines...:p )

It might help break up big solid lumps too. :rofl:

You must know some weird folk, Valentijn...:p
Well there was this one time at a very run-down movie theater at a nice shopping mall, where I took my mom to see Gladiator on Mother's Day.

We sat down in a couple seats at a good location, and my mom immediately jumped back up. Apparently her seat had a spring poking up :wide-eyed: She then tried the other seat next to me, but it also had butt-springs.

So we moved back a row, and found two non-pokey seats a few seats further down. Several minutes later, a couple sat down where we'd been sitting. The man sitting in my mom's former seat looked a bit surprised for a moment, but not in a displeased way :confused:

After a few minutes he said something to his wife and they moved to different seats. But it must have been a rather intense few minutes! So yes, I do think there are some people who would get a kick out of a vibrating colon, for a little bit at least :p

peggy-sue

The spare bed I used when I stayed with Michael's parents had a wire spring that poked out. I had to sleep completely contorted and stay that way to avoid injury. I ended up tying a bedsock around it.

I could not possibly insult his Mum and Dad by complaining.

I also once bought an "interesting looking" book from a bucket shop - The Encyclopoedia of Sexual Fetishes.
I learned all sorts of strange things from it that would never have ever ocurred to me...

including some utterly cruel and vile things with toilet roll insides and live hamsters... I thought you were referring to that sort of thing.:redface:

Ema

When I worked at Planned Parenthood, we removed a (dead) toad from a woman's vagina. She'd completely "forgotten" her husband had put it up there.

Some things you just can't un-remember. That, unfortunately, is one of them for me.

And how that ended up on a thread about relieving constipation, well, :eek:.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
When I worked at Planned Parenthood, we removed a (dead) toad from a woman's vagina. She'd completely "forgotten" her husband had put it up there.

Some things you just can't un-remember. That, unfortunately, is one of them for me.

I spose it was a live, vibrating toad when he put it up there? :sluggish:

Sushi

peggy-sue

Is it not illegal to do horrible things to animals for these "purposes"?
And don't folk ever consider the cruelty involved?

I too am glad he's not my husband. Not just for the perversion, but for perpetrating such a horror on a living beast.

Ema

Is it not illegal to do horrible things to animals for these "purposes"?
And don't folk ever consider the cruelty involved?

I too am glad he's not my husband. Not just for the perversion, but for perpetrating such a horror on a living beast.
I wouldn't be surprised if the toad had a higher IQ than these people.

It is awful. I would never do it.

peggy-sue

At least they were bright enough to get themselves to a Planned Parenthood clinic, Ema.
I just hope they were not planning on breeding though - and visiting for the prevention of such things happening.

Legendrew

I guess it must have croaked it up there...

taniaaust1

I also once bought an "interesting looking" book from a bucket shop - The Encyclopoedia of Sexual Fetishes.
I learned all sorts of strange things from it that would never have ever ocurred to me...

lol I think I've read that book too (one reads all kinds of things when one is stuck in bed). The one that really got to me was the people who like to get sexual gradification from bees and using them to enlarge certain body parts. Ouch!! Just imagine trying to explain that to a doctor if you turned out to be allergic.

Maybe the vibrationing pills would bring a similar vibrating/throbbing sensation without a sting.

I can imagine two people meet a bus stop and one has a weird look on his face so th e other comments "what's up with you today?" and gets a reply "dont worry, its just my vibrating pill". It could be quite a convo starter.

taniaaust1

I just had another about a problem I think these could cause if they come into use. I bet some will try to use them in their "wee holes" (haha.. I have a lack of medical knowledge for word for that body part) and doctors will be finding them stuck up there. Or maybe the company who makes these will make sure they are too small to become stuck in those places.

Oh boy.. I cant get the imagine of the dead toad which Ema helped removed out of my head.

invisiblejungle

Somewhat related, there's actually a Russian-made "zapping" pill that emits electromagnetic frequencies as it travels through your GI tract. It was originally intended for post-operative digestive issues, but in the English-speaking world, but's mostly marketed as an anti-parasitic. I tried it a couple years ago, and as it reached my colon, my legs would randomly kick throughout the night! It was pretty amusing.

http://www.pekana.co.uk/parasiteremedies/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2