• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vestibular Migraine?

acouchy

Unwilling ME/CFS Participant Since 1996
Just came across an article about vestibular migraines. Many of the symptoms listed match my
list...

Chronic daily headaches, Dizziness, Vertigo, Feeling of floating or “bowling ball

head”, Nausea, Heartburn, Diarrhea, Fatigue, Neck Pain, Rib Cage Pain, Blurry Vision, Anxiety, Brain

Fog, Heat Intolerance, Sensitivity to Light & Smell, Extreme Irritability, Agoraphobia.

I know I suffer from exercise intolerance so I am confident that I do indeed have ME/CFS. I am wondering if vestibular migraine may be a comorbid condition.

I have been in so much pain in the last 4 years and have become very protective of my vertigo. Terrified of letting anyone even try to treat it.

Anyone have any experience with vestibular migraine? Treatments?

ryan31337

Frequent migraineur here but thankfully haven't experienced vertigo with them. The list of symptoms you describe could also fit very well with OI like POTS or a related dysautonomia. Given the proven prevalence of those with ME/CFS I'd really look hard into that too if you've any cardiac signs?

acouchy

Unwilling ME/CFS Participant Since 1996
Frequent migraineur here but thankfully haven't experienced vertigo with them. The list of symptoms you describe could also fit very well with OI like POTS or a related dysautonomia. Given the proven prevalence of those with ME/CFS I'd really look hard into that too if you've any cardiac signs?

I am not sure it is POTS. It started out more like BPPV. I get really dizzy when I lay back and when I lay on my side or look up or down.

I can not lay flat. Resting and stillness does not seem to help. I sleep propped up on 5 pillows. Gotten to the point where I am dizzy all the time now. I just move my eyes and I am dizzy.

I have migraines that can last up to 7 days. Had migraines long before the ME/CFS but not 7 days long.

I have brought up cardiac problems with my GP. I do get chest pain. Pretty sure he just thinks I have anxiety and am crazy.

My fingernails look abnormal (the colour is abnormal) and my GP actually agrees with me that something is not right. I thought they might be connected to the dizziness.

My ECG came back normal. I managed to get him to refer me to an Internist (no Cardiologist for me) and get a echocardiogram. That was 21 weeks ago and no word on either the Internist appointment or echocardiogram appointment dates. Canadian health care sucks.

Feeling pretty low. At this point I am hanging on by a thread.