Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Very unsettled with constant brain firing

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by Zuriel, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Zuriel

Zuriel

Australia
    I am on Rivotril (Klonopin) and Lamictal which is another anti epileptic, but brain still fires (overstimulation, mental bombardment) all day and night. Anyone with similar experience? Dcotor's clinic is closed until the following week. Is this a symptom of neuropathy which is why I have severely slow stomach emptying? Have just started Freddd's protocol.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Rivotril acts by enhancing the neurotransmitter GABA, which acts by opposing the neurotransmitter glutamate. Lamictal inhibits the release of glutamate.

One possibility in that glutamate and GABA levels aren't your problem.

Another option is that reducing glutamate might be more effective the opposing and inhibiting it. In the case of ME/CFS, a cysteine deficiency is a likely cause of high glutamate levels, and both might be remedied by supplementing N-acetylcysteine. That's what I tried, and my over-stimulation and resulting sleeping problems are gone now.

See more popular forum discussions.