1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Very strange sleep symptom

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Beyond, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    So after mid-day, say from 15:00 PM to 18:00 PM is very easy for me falling asleep. Has been going for years now. I mean very very easy, I stay in bed and is hard staying awake at those hours, like what HEALHY LUCKY PEOPLE get when they are at night in bed. I get that nice drowsy feeling and fall asleep within minutes. But at night, nothing like that, I simply drop asleep suddenly after hours of struggling (I use the word torture too for insomnia). At night I feel more energized and active actually. No, my cortisol is not high at night is very low always... I do have a melatonin defficiency but supplementing it does not help. Mystery. Miserable mistery lol

Anyone else has this? I think is from adrenal fatigue but who knows. Ugh.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    It is very common for our sleep cycle to be shifted and stubbornly refuse to be altered to fit a normal timetable. I don't think anyone has been able to fully explain why this happens. Cortisol can be a part of it for some but it's not the whole answer.

I do best if I just go with it, but thankfully for me it's not too far from normal. I go to bed around 8:30pm and get up around 4:30am. Going to bed later doesn't change the time I wake up.

3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I agree. What you described in the original post is not at all surprising to me, from someone with ME/CFS :confused:

4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I'm not sure why you think this is strange. Sounds quite normal to me. Been many threads on many CFS and ME forums on this.

My cortisol doesn't get high at night but it is higher than the morning. My best time is evening and late a night. My family is like that though and it's normal for us.

Not sure if adrenal fatigue is the cause. I'm not fond of that term. You'll find lots of discussions and debates here as we all have different opinions.

5. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    I was meaning strange in general terms. It is strange. Normal is being able to sleep at night. It puzzles me, that is why I call it strange.

And yeah HPA axis dysfunction/dysregulation is most likely the cause.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013

See more popular forum discussions.