• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very Sad: Cheerleader Gets A Flu Shot & Now She Can Only Walk Backwards!

Sunday

Wow, that is a sad video. Think it'll get anybody to think twice about the efficacy of antiviral shots? Maybe it will work where science doesn't. Won't help her, though.

Victoria

Incredibly sad.....

(I've always declined the free flu vaccination every winter where I work, as I didn't react well to a tetanus shot in 2000. The distressing condition of this poor girl makes me glad I have done so).

One wonders whether the neuroplasticity in her brain will eventually take over & she might recover some of her muscle control?

andreamarie

Dystaunia is a side effect that you can get from many meds. E.g. compazine for nausea is one of them. Thorazine prescribed for schizophrenia, etc is another. It's not a rare side effect. One in a million from the flu vaccine is likely much less than the number caused by meds.

R

Robin

Dystaunia is a side effect that you can get from many meds. E.g. compazine for nausea is one of them. Thorazine prescribed for schizophrenia, etc is another. It's not a rare side effect. One in a million from the flu vaccine is likely much less than the number caused by meds.

It wasn't dystonia, but something mysterious that has resolved.