1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Very Sad: Cheerleader Gets A Flu Shot & Now She Can Only Walk Backwards!

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by dmholmes, Oct 27, 2009.

1. dmholmes

dmholmes Senior Member

Houston
  2. Sunday

Sunday Senior Member

Wow, that is a sad video. Think it'll get anybody to think twice about the efficacy of antiviral shots? Maybe it will work where science doesn't. Won't help her, though.
  3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Yes, very sad and also interesting. It's only been a few months, I wonder if her brain would be able to reconfigure itself and she could be normal again eventually?
  4. Victoria

Victoria Senior Member

Melbourne, Australia
    Incredibly sad.....

(I've always declined the free flu vaccination every winter where I work, as I didn't react well to a tetanus shot in 2000. The distressing condition of this poor girl makes me glad I have done so).

One wonders whether the neuroplasticity in her brain will eventually take over & she might recover some of her muscle control?
  5. margib

margib Senior Member

Austin, TX
    I never get those death shots! The last time I got one was when I couldn't walk.
  6. margib

margib Senior Member

Austin, TX
    What I meant to say was last time I got a vaccine I ended up not being able to walk.
  7. andreamarie

andreamarie Senior Member

Dystaunia is a side effect that you can get from many meds. E.g. compazine for nausea is one of them. Thorazine prescribed for schizophrenia, etc is another. It's not a rare side effect. One in a million from the flu vaccine is likely much less than the number caused by meds.
  8. Robin

Robin Guest

It wasn't dystonia, but something mysterious that has resolved.

See more popular forum discussions.