1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Very interesting sulfate question

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by musicchick581, Apr 20, 2014.

1. musicchick581

musicchick581 Senior Member

I am posting for a friend of mine who got his 23 and me test results back and has high urine sulfates (>1600)
    Check this out. Everything is -/- except:
    +/+
    MAO A R297 (+)
    COMT (but all other COMT's are fine)
    FUT 2 (all three of them)
    MTHFD1 G1958A
    MTHFD1L
    NOS3
    TCN1

+/-
    ACE Del 16
    AGT M235T/C4072T
    BHMT (but BHMT 2 and 8 are fine)
    BHMT R239Q
    DAO
    MTHFR 699
    GAD 1 (just one of them)
    GIF (TCN3)
    MTHFD1L
    MTRR A66G
    MTRR K350A
    MTRR-11 A664A
    MTRR (two of them)
    NOS2 (three of them)
    PEMT (two of them)
    SHMT2
    TCN2 C766G
    VDR Bsm
    VDR Taq

He only tested sulfates once, but what on earth could be causing this? CBS and BHMT don't seem to be an issue, and we aren't sure what plain BHMT is since there are no numbers after it, except the rs number.

2. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

Phenol Sulfur Transferase (PST) enzyme problems

http://www.allnaturaladvantage.com.au/Sulphation_diagram.htm

There's probably inflamation of the kidneys and liver leading to sulfate dumping. This can be due to heavy metals, viruses, etc...
    Combine sulfate dumping with improper sulfur oxidization(which is responsible for producing sulfate) due to PST problems and you have trouble!

Have him read that link i posted. Then have him try making epsom salt paste and applying it to his skin for 30 minutes every day, or he can do an epsom salt foot bath, or regular bath. Applying it directly to the skin as a paste works best for me but can be a hassle sometimes.

He needs to avoid sulfur and supplement with sulfate(aka the magnesium epsom salts)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.