• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very interesting lecture by Dr Montoya (20-Feb-2018)

msf

As far as I understand, he doesn't think it is autoimmune. He thinks it is caused by a virus and that messes up the immune system.

As I see it, that would be good news, because a viral infection would probably easier to treat. Just find the virus in question and then work on antivirals against it. With the right amount of funding, a working treatment or even a cure could be found pretty quickly (see HIV/AIDS).

Yes, I wasnt referring to Montoya but rather to those who have thought that ME was an autoimmune or autoinflammatory disease.

Hip

One of its best features is a transcript, provided by @Hip. I found that much better than spending an hour watching the video!

The transcript is usually available for YouTube videos: click on the three dots button ( . . . ) at the bottom right of the video (when viewed on YouTube), and select "Open transcript."

Daffodil

@serg1942

re: Tofacitinib

when I last spoke to my doctor, he said he felt that the JAK inhibitors on the market now are too dangerous for us and we should wait for the more selective ones (JAK1), what do you think of this?
thanks!