1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Very Important News regarding Dr Myhill and the GMC

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Supporters of Dr Myhill, Sep 15, 2010.

1. curry

curry Senior Member

I was wondering which GP do you consult now for treatment, instead of Dr Myhill? (I would like to do some tests, and have sent emails to her, but to no availability.)
  2. curry

curry Senior Member

3. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    The long, and in my opinion abusive, thread started by 'Jonas' about Dr Myhill on Bad Science has been removed, along with the second thread started by him after her recent ban where he defended his actions.
  4. insignificount

insignificount

Actually, it was accidentally deleted. At the time of writing, that is the only thread about Dr Myhill (and for what it's worth, it wasn't the first thread about her website) that isn't coming back.
  5. Angela Kennedy

Angela Kennedy *****

Essex, UK
    Which one are we talking about? The MASSIVE one? The latest one? More than one?
  6. insignificount

insignificount

The MASSIVE one (with 10000 posts in it) has gone.
  7. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    No it wasn't, Ben Goldacre talks of a thread being deliberately removed (about time to) and two vile, abusive threads about Dr Myhill & M.E. patients have been removed - the shorter the one 'Jason' started by making excuses for ruiniing Dr Myhill's career was also removed:

http://badscience.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18775
  8. insignificount

insignificount

The thread that was removed was about someone else.

The large thread about Dr Myhill was _moved_ to somewhere (where a decision about its fate would be made), but got accidentally deleted in the process.

The other thread (about the second IOP hearing) was also moved, but it hasn't been deleted. It may or may not be put back.

Can't comment on its fate because I'm not in-the-know and it's not my decision to make, but I wouldn't be surprised if very little happens in terms of new threads/topics about Dr Myhill until the FTP hearing.
  9. Angela Kennedy

Angela Kennedy *****

Essex, UK
    So if it wasn't about Myhill: then who was the removed thread about? And why is Myhill (and supporters) specifically mentioned in that thread? (The one about the removed thread, started by Ben Goldacre?)
  10. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    here's the reason given for losing the enormous thread:

http://badscience.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18845

- so it wasn't deliberately 'lost' because it may have repeatedly defamed Dr M's character then?

I think the deliberately removed thread may have been the shorter one in which incredibly rude statement(s) were made about one of Dr M's supporters on Facebook.
  11. Supporters of Dr Myhill

Supporters of Dr Myhill Guest

Sorry haven't been around for long time.

As regards the above, see the support doctor myhill website. Lots is going on.

I have (hopefully) temporarily left Fb as I was receiving unwanted mail.

I have no comment to make on BS. I never do. As I said, lots is going on.

Best to all supporters etc,

Craig
  12. carolwxyz99

carolwxyz99 Senior Member

13. curry

curry Senior Member

Just wondering if there is any update?
  14. Supporters of Dr Myhill

Dr Myhill's case is to be heard by the High Court in London in the week beginning 29th November, 2010. Further news on the exact date will be sent out as soon as Dr Myhill is notified by the court.

We expected the news to break in another newspaper tomorrow but the Shropshire Star are the first to carry the news and a little ahead of schedule.

For the full article see:
    http://www.southshropshirejournals.com/2010/11/19/gp-wins-court-review-against-gmc/

Sarah has received many letters, cards and emails since the last IOP hearing and these have greatly appreciated. Let's all hope for a successful and just outcome in the High Court.
  15. Supporters of Dr Myhill

Note to all:

I will keep you updated as and when things happen next week.

Thanks for the continuing support - it has been great.

Craig
  16. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    All very best wishes Craig - I see a cultural disbelief from my own GP on. An enormous ship to turn round.
  17. Supporters of Dr Myhill

Thanks for the good wishes.

I'll keep this forum posted as soon as I know anything.

Thanks to all supporters once again.

Craig
  18. Supporters of Dr Myhill

Sarah's case will be heard tomorrow at 2pm (2 December 2010)

Craig
    x
  19. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Thanks for keeping us posted Craig. I'll be on tenterhooks...any idea whether it will be resolved in one day or is it likely to run over?
  20. Supporters of Dr Myhill

Meant to be resolved tomorrow but could run over to Friday.

Will post as soon as I know the result.

Craig

See more popular forum discussions.