Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Very hot at night from adrenal support

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by optimist, Nov 11, 2015.

1. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    Hi guys!

I have had very good success with ACE, B5 and licorice root extract for adrenal support. The thing is however, that if I take it a few days, I get super hot when I go to bed, or I wake up smoking at some point... has anyone had the same experience, and better, has any a way to counteract the effect?

Big hugs to you all :D I guess I am a hugging kind of a person...

2. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    Nobody?

3. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory herbs help with my night sweats, for instance Milk Thistle and Olive Leaf tea. However I don't tolerate them on a daily basis, and only in small amounts.
    A big hug back at you :hug:

optimist likes this.
  4. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    So, you believe that there's a connection between night sweats and inflammation then?! I was not aware that milk thistle is anti-inflammatory. I have just started taking it regularly as I learned the other day that I have liver enzymes over the top (73, top limit is 70).

5. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

It seems so in my experience
    It is an antioxidant, but it can have side effects, be careful to not overdo with it. Don't you get wrist tension at sleep?

6. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    No, fortunately - that's one thing I do not have :) I have struggled with extreme nocturnal leg cramping when I've taken calcium though, but now that has fortunately subsided :D

See more popular forum discussions.