• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very high homocysteine levels and confusion on what to do.

Hey guys, I did 23andme a year or so ago, here are the results
MjaIdjb.png

Anyway, I have methylation issues from what I can tell, and I went for a blood test a week or so ago, and when they came back it said my homocysteine levels are extremely high at 56.7umol. What can I do? I am quite worried about it, does anyone know if homocysteine can also contribute to panic disorder and OCD? I suffere from severe cases of both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
Anyway, I have methylation issues from what I can tell, and I went for a blood test a week or so ago, and when they came back it said my homocysteine levels are extremely high at 56.7umol. What can I do? I am quite worried about it, does anyone know if homocysteine can also contribute to panic disorder and OCD? I suffere from severe cases of both.

56.7umol is high, but not 'extremely high', but is a potential cardiovascular disease risk factor. You can solve this by taking regular Vitamin B12 and folic acid (or folinic acid) vitamin supplements. Have another blood test in 3-6 months time to see whether the supplements are working.

High homocysteine is not known to contribute to panic disorder and OCD.