• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very good Huffpost article

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I can't remember all articles that have gone by so don't recall if there have been some bad press from Huffpost but I think in general they have been a friend to the ME community.

See article here: http://goo.gl/RrNUl9

Article title: The Faces of ME: Missing 7 years of my life

Quote from the article:

Generally, when I talk to people about Lilan and ME/CFS, they want to change the subject. I get it. It’s taken me an entire year to write this article – and it’s not just because it’s difficult to connect with Lilan due to her illness or because I’ve had other projects.

There is another reason.

Researching this disease is difficult. I read about a patient’s suffering, watch a documentary, or scan a research article, and I have to step away. I feel overwhelmingly sad. And worried. I start to worry that every little ache, pain, or bout of fatigue is a sign that I, too, will stumble into a darkened room, never to reemerge. While that may seem ridiculous, I know the truth: No one is immune. As Lilan recently wrote on her Tumblr page (after more than a year’s absence):

I did not know, so many years ago, what it means to watch the pieces of yourself get shaved away, the so-you-you-always-took-them-for-granted pieces, the closer-and-closer-to-the-core-pieces.

The loss is immeasurable.

And I am afraid.

Last edited:

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 9.48.07 AM.png

Supporting our supporters.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Yes, thanks @Bob I think I'll bookmark it too to find it back for reference but it's always good to use titles for threads that help in a search. . . next time!

And I'll add it to the OP as well