1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Very disappointed in ProHealth -- going biopsychosocial?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by SOC, Feb 20, 2014.

1. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    I got a subscription email from ProHealth including the following --
    and later

I used to be supportive of ProHealth. Not any more. I won't be buying from them any longer if they're going to send me this kind of..... whatever.
    Valentijn, Wayne, justy and 10 others like this.
  2. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    I think the term you are looking for is "crunchy, hippie, voodoo bullshit."
  3. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    That definitely is disappointing. :(

I have not visited that site often, but I didn't think they were fans of psycho babble.
    barbc56 likes this.
  4. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior Member

USA
    Kind of astounding. What kind of a subscription email was this? Is this something out of their
    regular email and did it represent someone else or some practitioner selling something? VERY weird and NOT good!
    barbc56 likes this.
  5. SOC

USA
    :thumbsup:

And here was me trying to be polite. :rofl:
    It was just one of their standard emails. Weird. Needless to say I cancelled all my email subscriptions from them. And took them out of my bookmarks. And ripped the labels off all the supplements I bought from them previously. And.... :p
    Valentijn, snowathlete and barbc56 like this.
  6. SOC

USA
    Because I know you're all eager to follow up with this remarkable woman with the "breakthrough in treating fibromyalgia and ME/Chronic Fatigue syndrome", I'm sharing the last paragraph of the email with you

Wow, she can do ANYTHING. :rolleyes: Got debt? You will be empowered to prosper debt-free. Bad marriage? Transformed. ME/CFS? She can return you to optimal health. She will even sell you audio recordings to fix you. Wow.

I left off the link to her website. You'll have to find that on your own. :p
  7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    sounds alot like that amygdala training crap, someone trying to make money out of us.
    if they did a small study showing how it lowers viral load and improves nk function, then they could say it improves me/cfs. otherwise the people they are curing we cant tell if they have me or not.
    Valentijn and barbc56 like this.
  8. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    we know how she got out of debt, selling crap audio tapes to vunerable people.
    Now if she was selling healing crystals thats a different story
    Valentijn, WillowJ, Raindrop and 4 others like this.
  9. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Give me us a break!! While anything is possible, this is not a probible ocurrance.

While her treatment might make you feel better in the short run, I doubt has a lasting effect.

Thanks for leaving out the URL. Would hate to have her to be bumped up in a search for treatment of me/cfs. :mad: (for her), :thumbsup: @SOC :thumbsup:

Will she be the downfall for oncologist?
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    heapsreal likes this.
  10. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    I'm not sure what a 30 day mind clense is, but it sounds unpleasant.
    justy, ahimsa, xchocoholic and 3 others like this.
  11. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    I would urge you to write to the company and tell them that you're leaving them and exactly why.

Thoughts ARE powerful, and can have a positive impact on all sorts of diseases. But to simplify things to that extreme and imply that someone with this illness can simply think themselves cured is irresponsible and deeply offensive. If they would not make the same statements for a patient with MS, or Lupus, or AIDS, then they certainly shouldn't be making it for us. They need a huge double-check on their phrasing and approach.
    Valentijn, justy, WillowJ and 6 others like this.
  12. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I got it too.

Sushi
  13. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    In fact, I'm so miffed I'm going to write to them myself as well. Is it these folks, @SOC?

https://www.prohealthcare.com

(Don't want to send my offended letter to some poor innocent and confused company with a similar name)
    rosie26 likes this.
  14. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Me also.

GG

PS I saw they were peddling some herbal product, didn't seem like something that was a big breakthrough, so I didn't waste my time reading the whole thing. Reminded me of Teitalbaum with his herbal mixtures to help with sleep, didn't work for me, I need heavy duty meds for that!
    Sushi likes this.
  15. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I am busy right now writing a post on ProHealth to say how disappointed I am in this article.

Sushi
    Valentijn, snowathlete, justy and 7 others like this.
  16. SOC

USA
    Did that even before I came here to... um... comment upon it. I gave them an earful. ;)
    No, it's these folks
    http://www.prohealth.com/
    There's a contact us button on the upper left right (the other left :rolleyes:) of the page. I sent mine to the newsletter editor.
    Valentijn and rosie26 like this.
  17. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks! I'm glad I checked. :)
  18. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    LOL! That's for sure.
    If you douche your mind too many times there's no telling how many brain cells you will kill. o_O

Seriously, this is so ridiculous. It deserves to be called out for the b.s. it is.
    Raindrop, SOC and Sushi like this.
  19. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    There is some evidence that in rare cases focused imagery, etc. can affect the body in a very real way (not with ME in particular, but with various other physical illnesses), so I can forgive them mentioning it. But there is a VAST difference between saying that sometimes it might help, and saying "you can heal yourself and thrive" And I would like to think that if they were talking about cancer instead of ME, they would have the sense to realize how offensive that second statement is.

Somebody needs a better education about exactly what ME is and how severe it can be.
    SOC likes this.
  20. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Read: She lost her job and now is an expert at something that requires no qualification and seems like easy money.
    She should have just answered those google ads.

See more popular forum discussions.