• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

vegas fatigue centre

sianrecovery

hi Guys
I am flying from the UK to Arizona for six weeks in a weeks time and was thinking about trying the Fibro and Fatigue Centre in Vegas. I have had CFS for some years, and have been treated by a number of people. The doctor I am with now, Dr Myhill, is great, and I have made steps forward with her, but she doesnt do so much on the co-infections side, and from their website, it sounds like these people do. Anybody have any experience to share on this? thanks

Nielk

Hi sianrecovery,

Welcome to the forum.
I think all of these FF centers are under the auspices of the director Jacob Teitelbaum.
I don't know about the one in Vegas. I did go to the one in Stamford Conn. a few years ago. they do take very extensive tests, which is a good thing because you can find out a lot of information there. For me personally, they were too aggressive with their treatment. A lot of different problems showed up on the blood work and they wanted to tackle it all at once. they convinced me that that is the only way to go because if you don't do that you will not know why you are not feeling better. I even went for their IV pushes with vitamins and anti-virals and I kept feeling sicker and sicker until I just gave up and stopped. I don't know if they still work on the same basis. I think others on this forum also have experiences with these clinics. Maybe, they can be more helpful.
The best of luck,
Nielk

Marg

Vagas fatigue center

It was before all the centers that I saw Dr. T. He was not formulating then but still had places he wanted me to buy the supplements. He used all the doctor's protocols I had ever heard of and did it all at once. I was much worse after 6 months and stopped. I was so sick from it all I cannot tell you. I was told better in 6 months.

I met a woman a few weeks ago that went to a center and she said a contract must be signed to do all the expensive IV's they order. I did the IV's here with my GP. I do think they did help to a cerain extent, I was so deficient in so many things. Our bodies work so hard all the time they chew up everything.

The only thing good I say is that they did have a lot of testing but now I know not all the right ones for the immune system. I was so sick and now I know it was EVB and HHV6. I asked about those and was told they were too contoversial. I did the T3 and stopped when my heart started racing at half the dose I was suppose to go to.

I would not go there.

Do more research and read before you make up your mind, you will be coming a long ways.

A little example in 1996 I was charged $1,500 just to read my blood. There was not much choice of doctors then and I had read the book.

Why not try Dan Peterson in Nevada or the WPI clinic if you choose Nevada. Probably a wait there, I am sure they would rush you right into a FC.

I see Nancy Klimas in Florida and she has helped me more than I can say. She looked at my immune system like no one.

There are a lot of posts about the F Centers this you can read. Quite a few have closed so I have heard.

Good luck!