1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

VDR Taq: Reconciling Genetic Genie/SNPedia Yasko Methylation - need Yasko report input

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Critterina, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    The VDR Taq in Genetic Genie shows that my GG is normal (-/-).
    The SNPedia page on Yasko methylation shows G as the risk allele, so my GG would be (+/+)

I suspect that there's a typo on SNPedia, but I don't have an actual Yasko report to see if that's the case. If a couple of people with Yasko methylation reports would share their VDR Taq result and interpretation, I'll follow up by editing SNPedia or contacting Genetic Genie for clarification.

I hear that I'm not the only one who has been confused by this issue, but as a community, we can resolve it. Thanks!

2. Bluebell

Bluebell Senior Member

As we've been talking about on the other thread on the VDR SNPs, SNPedia appears to be displaying that the majority result is safer and the minority result is riskier, which is the opposite of what Yasko appears to say regarding VDR Taq, unless Yasko has quite recently changed how she refers to Taq.

GeneticGenie studied Yasko's analyses closely in order to design his analyses -- he showed in the following blog post that Yasko reports it with the majority's alleles being the "risky" ones, and said that he had changed his way of reporting it in January in order to fall in line with Yasko's way. http://geneticgenie.org/blog/.

If you want to contact the person who created GeneticGenie, his PhoenixRising member name is "Kday".

Critterina likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.