MEAdvocacy.org Update and a Call for Continued Support
“I have tried raising money by asking for it, and by not asking for it. I always got more by asking for it.”
Discuss the article on the Forums.

VDR Bsm +/+ Vitamin D toxicity

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Karen O'Shea, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Karen O'Shea

Karen O'Shea

I am Homozygous for VDR Bsm my vitamin D is 24 ng/ml (April 2013) was 13.4 at lowest. I recently restarted vitamin D supplements 5000 iu daily but am having strange symptoms start again. I am not sure if it is because I haven't had any B12 recently and that is low also.
    I am nauseous, lost weight again, feel achy, joint pains, slight tremor, slight restless legs need to stretch a lot. Could this be anything to do with my VDR Bsm +/+ maybe it makes me unable to process vitamin D.
    I don't understand what it means exactly can any help to explain it to me please?

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    The results for VDR Bsm are given backwards, and would be identical to your VDR Taq results if shown properly. So that result doesn't suggest any vitamin D issues itself.

3. Karen O'Shea

Karen O'Shea

Just googled this and found links with hashimoto's patients of which I am not being able to process vitamin D.

4. Sporty

Sporty Senior Member

Essex, UK
    Hi, did you find out the reason for your symptoms?

5. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Karen have you a link?

6. Karen O'Shea

Karen O'Shea

Sorry no I don't but I know I have read this recently again. I just cant tolerate Vit D, maybe the dose is too high for me.

Still on a journey looking for the cause of my problems. I know I have adrenal fatigue proven on saliva stress testing but cannot pin point the cause of this. I am seeing someone soon regarding a test for SIBO which has been suggested as a cause on a forum.

7. PennyIA

PennyIA Senior Member

Iowa
    Can I ask what form of Vitamin D you are taking? I've been as low as 4 in my Vit D testing... and taking pills took FOREVER to get any kind of improvement. And the improvement was only in my testing - no symptom improvement. I noticed a big difference when I switched over to vit d drops which are more absorbable.

See more popular forum discussions.