1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

VDR Bsm +/+ Vitamin D toxicity

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Karen O'Shea, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Karen O'Shea

Karen O'Shea

I am Homozygous for VDR Bsm my vitamin D is 24 ng/ml (April 2013) was 13.4 at lowest. I recently restarted vitamin D supplements 5000 iu daily but am having strange symptoms start again. I am not sure if it is because I haven't had any B12 recently and that is low also.
    I am nauseous, lost weight again, feel achy, joint pains, slight tremor, slight restless legs need to stretch a lot. Could this be anything to do with my VDR Bsm +/+ maybe it makes me unable to process vitamin D.
    I don't understand what it means exactly can any help to explain it to me please?
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    The results for VDR Bsm are given backwards, and would be identical to your VDR Taq results if shown properly. So that result doesn't suggest any vitamin D issues itself.
  3. Karen O'Shea

Karen O'Shea

Just googled this and found links with hashimoto's patients of which I am not being able to process vitamin D.

See more popular forum discussions.