• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VCS Test, Mold/ Co-Infections?

tdog333

I took a online vcs test and scored terribly, i ended up getting about 50% both times I took it. I had 3 controls take it(all healthy) and they all scored normal and above normal on the same computer. How much merit does this test have? What tests should I be asking my DR. for now?

I need to learn more about mold. But maybe this is one of the major missing puzzle pieces for me. The only major symptoms I have left are Insomnia, Fatigue, Weakness, Rapid Heartbeat, and Shortness of breath upon exertion. Could mold do this?

Thanks!

slayadragon

Yes, those are classic mold symptoms.

For people who do poorly on that test, it seems pretty indicative of exposure to some kind of neurotoxin. Conceivably, it could be some other substance. But in most cases, mold seems to be a factor.

You could consider reading Dr. Shoemaker's discussion and following his path, with regard to testing.
http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis

But it might be easier to start out by trying out a different environment (preferably without any of your current possessions) to see how you do.

You also may want to take a look at the Paradigm Change website.

www.paradigmchange.me