• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vasodilation

iwillwin1day

I have all my veins vasodilated. I can see them easily as i have very low fat percentage. Anybody else have this? It's like empty veins which have lost its definition and fluid inside it?

Seven7

Seven
Very normal depending on your type of OI, I take vassocontriction drugs (midodrine) that made all the difference in the world on my cfs. There are natural remedies (as simple as a very cold shower), there are herbs (do not use coffee because it dilates also) and see if your symptoms get better. If so, then you can tell your electrophisiologyst (type of cardio that deals with OI) about it.

manasi12

My veins have totally collapsed after POTS. earlier I used to have tortious veins.
@Inester7 ..I can't take midodrine due to spikes in BP. What herbs do u think will help to vasoconstrict ?

iwillwin1day

My veins have totally collapsed after POTS. earlier I used to have tortious veins.
@Inester7 ..I can't take midodrine due to spikes in BP. What herbs do u think will help to vasoconstrict ?
Same here. I think collapsed vein is proper word to describe how my veins are. I also have varicose type veins before getting CFS/me. Then suddenly after getting sick one day. All my veins collapsed.

Thinktank

I have it too, and it's most visible on hot days. Today has been one of such days, the vasodilation in my hands and feet hurts a lot. Also when my veins pop up so does my dysautonomia. I absolutely need to lay down whenever that happens. Hot day = NON-functional!