• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vascular tone, Nitric Oxide, where to post this study? May relate to OI

South

So I found a study where humans with vascular tone problems (my paraphrasing) took folate and had their vascular tone problems become normal.

The vascular tone problems in the study were an over-dependence on nitric oxide in the body, to regulate vascular tone.

I know different forums here in PE talk about nitric oxide, other forums talk about folate, and other forums talk about OI with some conjecture that OI might be related to something vascular,

Where should I post the study I just found? It doesn't seem to be anywhere here on PE yet.

The vascular tone in the study, that improved with use of folate, was in the eyes and the kidneys. Kidneys regulate blood pressure (hello OI)

Me: drastically low blood pressure, OI, migraines that seem to respond to supplements that change nitric oxide levels, and eye test results showing vascular problems in the eye. (I don't have ME / CFS though)

Would be nice to get some feedback on this study, I'd like to post it in the best place!