1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vanderbilt Recruiting CFS + POTS Patients for Study

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by OurDayWillCome, Mar 13, 2010.

1. OurDayWillCome

OurDayWillCome

More Information at link;

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00580619

2. ramakentesh

ramakentesh Senior Member

In this study they will be trialling methyldopa to decrease sympathetic drive.
    The theory being that the decreased blood flow to the brain in CFS/POTS is a result of failing cerebral vascular autoregulation from an increased sympathetic activity.

3. rebecca1995

rebecca1995 Apple, anyone?

Northeastern US
    Well, I'm glad to hear that at least some researchers are sympathetic to us. :Retro wink:

4. fairlight

fairlight

Has anyone gotten into this trial or tried droxidopa? I'm trying to get it through my doctor and Orphan drug.

5. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    I'd love to know too if anyone has gotten in to this study. Fairlight, good luck with the droxidopa, hope you can get it. Please let us know how you do.

6. fairlight

fairlight

See more popular forum discussions.