1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

van Eijk-Hustings et al. Fibromyalgia randomised controlled trial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia' started by Dolphin, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I'm interested in this for a slightly obscure reason - the talk of compliance with an aerobic exercise intervention

I'm interested in compliance in graded activity/exercise in ME/CFS trials which often isn't assessed or only minimally assessed e.g. compliance can be achieved by simply turning up for meetings with therapist.

Simon likes this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Ta D. Was the full paper revealing?
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Don't have it, I'm afraid.

But have seen other interesting stuff in previous FM papers e.g. the trial below, which was found to have poor compliance when they looked at the activity logs. After they reassigned people based on the activity logs,

4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thanks D.

I've not read much FMS stuff.
  5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Me neither, although I've a feeling that a certain percentage of people in FMS trials have ME/CFS. This is interesting for various reasons e.g. if I was a biomedical researcher, one place to look for ideas for things that might occur in ME/CFS would be abnormalities found in FMS. Not saying they all will apply but I'd say some might.
  6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.